RACESAFE is Australia's largest specialised motorsport medical and safety service and the Official Medical and Safety Team to some of the nation’s biggest motorsport championships.
RACESAFE personnel are a specialised team including
- Trauma Doctors
- Specialist Surgeons
- Sport Medicine Specialists
- Fire and Rescue / Safety crews
- Recovery teams
The RACESAFE team are medical and safety professionals with a common interest in motorsport, providing their time and professional skills in the interests of motorsport safety and competitor care.
RACESAFE is the nation’s premier Motorsport Emergency Response Service providing motorsport events with:
- Trackside Medical Teams
- Fully equipped onsite Trauma and Medical Centres
- First Intervention (high speed response to crashes)
- Specialised Medical Extrication teams
- Fire Fighting
- Driver Rescue (jaws of life)
- Specialised race car recovery
- Incident control
- Emergency management planning
Experience in motorsport safety is what sets RACESAFE Australia personnel apart from the rest. This experience stretches back 20+ years and during this time we have spearheaded major changes in the approach to the sports safety. This experience has included such major projects as -
- Emergency Medical Coordinators for the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix
- World Superbike Championships
- V8 Supercars Series - SANDOWN 500
- V8 Supercars Series – Winton 300
- FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship - Rally of Canberra
- Official Medical Team of the Australian Superbike Championship.
- Official Medical Team of the Australian Motocross Championship.
- Official Medical Team of the Australian Supercross Championship.
- Red Bull X-Fighters Sydney
- FIM World Trials - Grand Prix of Australia
- FIM World Speedway Sidecar Championships - Australia
- Red Bull FMX Camp - Australia
- Troy Bayliss International Classic
RACESAFE is dedicated to the continual improvement of motorsport emergency services. As the standard and technology of professional motorsport increases, so must the medical, fire and safety standards to ensure the safety of the competitors.